I created this practice tool due to frustrations I was having trying to learn from listening to a part of a song over and over again. Using my phone, I would play a song, then after I heard the part I wanted to learn I would pause it, try to play it, then adjust the song back to the beginning of the section I wanted to learn and repeat.
As you can imagine, this is quite a pain. You have to put down your pick, mess with the phone, pressing pause, seeking the video to correct spot, all while not forgetting what you just heard.
I made this tool which does the following:
- Plays a youtube video
- Allows you to set a loop for a section you want to learn. (Enter time in 0:00 format)
- Click start and it will play that section.
- When it reaches the end of your loop, it will pause for the same amount of time as what you just heard. This is so you can play what you just heard.
- After the pause, it starts the loop again.
- Input Youtube Url and click Load
- Enter in the time you want the video to loop in 0:00 format and click loop.
- Click Start
- Bonus tip: Don't click loop while the video is playing.
Disclaimer: I am by no means a professional web developer. I've tested the functionality, and it works. If you have trouble, try refreshing the page and starting over. I hope you find this useful and that it helps you to learn many guitar parts.