BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
Boss Pocket Dictionary Vol 1-2 (1984-1985):
The PV-1 Rocker Volume pedal plays an important role in controlling volume levels. The PV-1 can also be used to produce a violin-like sound with no attack by lowering the volume during picking and by pressing the pedal after picking is finished.
- A Hall effect device makes the PV-1 a revolutionary volume pedal that can completely eliminate scratching noise even during long periods of use.
- The maximum volume level is variable between Unity gain and a + 20dB boost in gain.
- A powerful sound comparable to that of an electric guitar with hum-bucking type pickups can he produced from an electric guitar with single coil type pickups by simply pressing the pedal.
- The angle and stroke of the pedal is determined according to the latest principles of ergonomics in order to minimize player fatigue over long periods of use.
- A lightweight aluminum diecast case ensures carrying ease and durability.
- Power: 9V Battery, AC Adaptor (ACA Adaptor)
- Current draw: DC 9V, 5mA
- Input impedance: 470kOhm
- Output load impedance: Over 10kOhm
- Maximum attenuation: Over 80dB
- Dimensions: 110(W) x 65(H) x 320(D)mm (4,3″ x 2.6″x 12.6″)
- Weight: 1 3 kg (2.86 lbs.)
- Accessory: Vinyl Bag.