BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of amps, and more.
This is the first power distribution pedal in stompbox format from Boss. It can supply power to up to 7 other pedals.
In addition it’s got a built in switch and effect loop. It’s been obsoleted by the release of the LS-2 Line Selector and the NS-2 Noise Suppressor. When the check indicator light is green, the PSM-5 is in bypass mode and the Guitar and Amp connections are connected.
Press the switch and the check indicator turns red. In this mode the Guitar connection is connected to Send and the Amp connection is connected to Return.
The PSM-5 is together with the RV-2 the only compact pedals to ship in non-standard size boxes.
Boss Pocket Dictionary vol.6 (1989):
The PSM-5 Power Supply & Master Switch provides the BCB-6 with a comprehensive effect pedal board function.
- The PSM-5 supplies power for up to five 9V effect pedals
- Simply pressing the pedal permits switching between the effect and normal modes of two or more effect pedals.
- Since the PSM-5 is the same size as a compact effect pedal, it can be stored in the BCB-6 Carrying Box.
- Standard accessories include an AC adaptor and a parallel DC cord for 7 units.
- Controls: None
- Connectors: Guitar, Amp, Send, Return, AC Adaptor in, DC Out
- Current Draw: 13 mA (DC 9V)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
- Red – Made In Japan
The PSM-5 was sold from January 1983 to January 1999.