All Boss phasers up until the PH-3 has been analog phasers based on BBD circuits. The PH-3 has a digital design that’s very different both in design and sound. The PH-3 has 4, 8, 10 and 12 stage phasers and also three new modes called Fall, Rise and Step. Rise and Fall creates unidirectional phasing sounds. That means that the phasing sound will always be going down or always be going up. The Step mode applies filter modifications in a non-consecutive manner giving some unique phasing effects.
- Compact pedal with vintage BOSS phasing effects.
- “Rise” and “Fall” effects for unidirectional phasing sounds.
- Includes classic 4-, 8-, 10-, and 12-stage phasers.
- Realtime control of rate via Expression Pedal input.
- Tap tempo sync of phasing effects.
- Controls: Pedal switch, RATE knob, DEPTH knob, RES knob, STAGE switch (4, 8, 10, 12, FALL, RISE, STEP)
- Connectors: Input, Output, EXP/CTL, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 45 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 420 g (15 oz.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBm
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBm
- Output Impedance: 1kohm
- Residual Noise Level: -92 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The PH-3 was sold from October 2000 to present.