Table of Contents
OD-2 TURBO OverDrive
The OD-2 was created as a replacement for the OD-1 in the mid 1980s. The OD-1 was already legendary so following up to it was in impossible task. The design goal was to create a pedal with two modes. In mode one its sound should be similar to the OD-1 but in the turbo mode it should have more distortion and more gain. A tone control is included to give the user better control over the sound. The OD-2 is built using only discrete components (no integrated circuits).
Looking to buy this pedal? Check out Reverb for used guitar gear.
The OD-2 production moved from Japan to Taiwan late 1988. After the production was discontinued, 1994, the pedal continued its life as the slightly modified OD-2R for another 4 years.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Drive, 2-way Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 410g/14oz
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Equivalent Input Noise: -118 dBm (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
- Black – Made In Taiwan
The OD-2 was sold from August 1985 to November 1994.