The OD-2R has the same internal circuitry as the OD-2. Tests has shown that the R model has higher gain than the original but sounds very similar. The OD-2R’s only new feature is the remote connector. It accepts and optional a latching footswitch, like the FS-5L, and can be used to switch the pedal’s turbo mode on or off.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Drive, 2-way Turbo Switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, Remote, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 16 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 440 g (1 lb.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBm
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBm
- Output Impedance: 1kohm
- Residual Noise Level: -110 dBm(lHF-A, Typ.)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The OD-2r was sold from November 1994 to July 1999.