BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
Since the release of the DSD-2 in 1985, Boss has been working on a sampler in compact pedal format. The DSD-2 offered only 800ms of sampling time, the DD-5 extended this to 2 seconds while the DD-6 pushed the sampling time to 5.2 seconds. Due to this rather limited sampling time none of the earlier pedals gained much popularity when it came to sampling. The RC-2 changes all that by offering as much as 16 minutes of sampling time. The circuitry is very similar to the RC-20XL and the technical specifications are practically identical.
- Store up to 11 loops with as much as 16 minutes total mono sampling time
- Undo/Redo functionality
- Built-in guide-tone drum patterns
- Tap tempo
- Loop Quantize
- Controls: Phrase Level, Guide Level, Phrase Select, Tap Tempo button, 6-way Mode switch
- Connectors: INPUT, OUTPUT, Stop/Tempo, AUX in, AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Current Draw: 50mA
- Weight: 400g / 15 oz.
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The RC-2 was sold from July 2006 to present.