BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
The BF-2 had been around for more than 20 years when Boss decided to replace it with the BF-3. The BF-3 uses digital electronics instead of the BBD circuits used by older Flanger pedals. The BF-3 has two new modes, Ultra and Gate/Pan, that allows for unique Flanger sounds not possible with earlier Boss flanger pedals.
- New Ultra and Gate/Pan modes
- Very low noise thanks to digital elctronics
- Momentary mode turns flanging on instantly
- Tap tempo adjustable via pedal
- Independent Guitar and Bass inputs and stereo outputs
- Controls: Res, Manual, Depth, Rate, 4-way Mode Switch
- Connectors: Guitar Input, Bass Input, Output A, Output B, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 40 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 420g / 15 oz (including battery)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Residual Noise Level: -95dBu (IHF-A weighted, typ.)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Delay Time: 0.3 ms ~ 14.4 ms (Guitar In), 0.3 ms ~ 6.3 ms (Bass In)
- LFO Speed: 100 ms ~ 18 s
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The BF-3 was sold from February 2002 to present.