The FT-2 is an Auto Wah pedal that fits into Boss line of Auto Wah’s between the TW-1 and the AW-2. The cutoff frequency knob sets the central frequency and gives the FT-2 more active control that goes a step beyond other Auto Wah’s. In Manual mode, the unit has EQ-like capabilities for creating tonal effects with a specific frequency. This pedal can be controlled by the touch sensitivity of the guitar string or add an external expression pedal to control it like a wah.
The Cut Off Frequency knob is the most important control on the FT-2. It sets the center frequency where the effect occurs and can alter the effect completely. There’s Up/Down modes as well as a manual mode where the FT-2 works as an equalizer making it possible to create a cocked wah sound when used without an expression pedal.
Looking to buy this pedal? Check out Reverb for used guitar gear.
- Controls: Sensitivity, Cutoff Frequency, Dynamic Q, 3-Way Mode Switch
- Connectors: Input, Exp. In, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 16 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400g/0.88 lbs.
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Residual Noise Level: -85dBm (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
The FT-2 was sold from October 1986 to December 1988.