The T stands for “Touch” and the early TW-1’s actually had the text Touch Wah written on them instead of T Wah. The TW-1 was replaced by the AW-2 in 1991. Together with the CS-1, the TW-1 is the only pedal to have a toggle switch. With only 2 controls, the TW-1 is very easy to control. The later autowah pedals have the added versatility of modulation but for the basic wah sound the TW-1 does the job without forcing the user to read the manual.
Table of Contents
Looking to buy this pedal? Check out Reverb for used guitar gear.
- The earliest TW-1s was labelled Touch Wah instead of T Wah
- There were both silver screw and black screw versions made
- The T in TW-1 was first placed under the W in T Wah but later moved under the a
- Controls: Sens, Peak, 2-way Drive switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 6 mA (DC 9V)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
The TW-1 was sold from July 1978 to May 1987.