BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
It is rumoured that the DS-2 was maybe used by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana in the early 90’s, but he is linked to a lot of equipment so who knows how reliable this rumour is. In mode I the DS-2 sounds a bit like the DS-1 or the OS-2 in dist mode. Mode II gives a sound more in the direction of the HM-2 or MT-2. The DS-2 production moved from Japan to Taiwan as early as November 1989 so the Made in Japan version is a bit of a rarity.
- Level Control adjusts the amount of signal going out to your amp.
- Tone Control adjusts the tone of the signal.
- Distortion Control adjusts the amount of distortion added to the signal.
- Mode I: produces a powerful distortion sound with flat characteristics, without being muffled even with volume turned down. The special Turbo Circuit serve to remove unpleasant shrill caused by distorted frequencies.
- Mode II: produces a sticky distortion with very unique characteristics in the middle range frequencies. The Turbo Circuit again create a powerful grunge distorted overload.
- Remote: You can plug in a Boss FS-5U footswitch to toggle between Modes I and II.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Dist, 2-way Turbo switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, Remote, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 12 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400 g (15 oz.)
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: More than 10kohm
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Silver – Made In Japan
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The DS-2 was sold from December 1987 to present.