It is rumoured that the DS-2 was maybe used by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana in the early 90’s, but he is linked to a lot of equipment so who knows how reliable this rumour is. In mode I the DS-2 sounds a bit like the DS-1 or the OS-2 in dist mode. Mode II gives a sound more in the direction of the HM-2 or MT-2. The DS-2 production moved from Japan to Taiwan as early as November 1989 so the Made in Japan version is a bit of a rarity.
- Level Control adjusts the amount of signal going out to your amp.
- Tone Control adjusts the tone of the signal.
- Distortion Control adjusts the amount of distortion added to the signal.
- Mode I: produces a powerful distortion sound with flat characteristics, without being muffled even with volume turned down. The special Turbo Circuit serve to remove unpleasant shrill caused by distorted frequencies.
- Mode II: produces a sticky distortion with very unique characteristics in the middle range frequencies. The Turbo Circuit again create a powerful grunge distorted overload.
- Remote: You can plug in a Boss FS-5U footswitch to toggle between Modes I and II.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Dist, 2-way Turbo switch
- Connectors: Input, Output, Remote, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 12 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400 g (15 oz.)
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: More than 10kohm
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Silver – Made In Japan
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The DS-2 was sold from December 1987 to present.