The Dyna Drive reacts to the player’s picking intensity and will produce a clean sound when picked softly or a distorted sound when picked aggressively. The distortion will increase gradually with harder picking. This feature can be found in many of todays valve amplifiers and also in Boss pedals like the BD-2 and OD-3 but with the DN-2 it has been taken to the extreme. Boss has implemented this using what they call Dyna Amp technology. This technology was first used on the Roland Cube- 60 amp but with the DN-2 it is also available in a stompbox.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Drive
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 36 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 440 g (1 lb.)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
The DN-2 was sold from January 2007 to present.
Looking to buy this pedal? Check out Reverb for used guitar gear.