BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
The DF-2 is a distortion pedal with the added option of holding down the footswitch for endless sustain – in overtone harmonic form of single notes. With the overtone dial you adjust the overtone that you want to feed back. When you step on the pedal and hold it down, it feeds the note back until you release the pedal. This way you don’t need to play at full volume to get a feedback sound. The feedbacked note will stop immediately when you release the pedal. There is unfortunately not way to get a smooth trailing off.
- The first DF-2s was labeled “Super Distortion & Feedbacker” while the later ones was called “Super Feedbacker & Distortion”. DiMarzio had already registered the name “Super Distortion” so Boss was forced changed the DF-2’s name. The change took place around serial number 500000 (January 1985). Production moved to Taiwan late 1989 and was modified for the PSA adapter from early 1991.
- Controls: Level, Tone, Distortion, Overtone
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 450 g (0.99 lb.)
- Input Impedance: 1 Mohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series (black label) or PSA Series (silver label)
- Black – Made In Japan
- Black – Made In Taiwan
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The DF-2 was sold from September 1984 to April 1994.