BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
The RV-5 is a direct replacement of the RV-3 so it might seem disappointing that it only has 6 modes compared to the RV-3’s 11. The RV-3 was however a Reverb/Delay that only had 4 pure reverb modes. With the RV-5, the delay function has been dropped and its 6 modes are all different kinds of reverb.
- Stereo input/output for compatibility with other stereo pedals
- 6 reverb modes (Spring, Plate, Hall, Room, Gate, Modulate)
- The Modulate mode detunes the reverb sound for added spaciousness
- New spring reverb emulation offers realistic spring reverb sounds
- New gate reverb taken from high-end Roland studio gear
- Controls: E.Level, Tone, Time, 6-way Mode Switch
- Connectors: INPUT A (mono), INPUT B, OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B, AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Current Draw: 50mA
- Weight: 440g / 1lb. (including battery)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Residual Noise Level: -93dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The RV-5 was sold from July 2002 to present.