BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
DSD-3 Digital Sampler/Delay
The DSD-3 is identical to the DSD-2 apart from the model designation. The DSD-3 was however released with a much lower price than its predecessor. This was made possible because of a drop in semiconductor prices at the time. As a result Boss decided to release it as a new version rather than dropping the price of the existing DSD-2.
- Controls: E.Level, F.Back, Delay Time, 4-way Mode switch
- Connectors: Input, Trig. In, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 55 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400g/0.88 lbs.
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm
- Residual Noise Level: -95dBm (IHF-A) Effect -100dBm or less (IHF-A) Direct
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Delay Time: 50 to 200ms in S Mode, 200 to 800ms in L mode
- PCM System: 12-bit plus analog logarithm compression
- Sampling mode:
- Frequency Response: Sample/Delay 40Hz to 7kHz (+1/-3 dB), Direct 10Hz to 60kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Blue – Made In Japan
The DSD-3 was sold from August 1986 to December 1988.