BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
The DM-3 was last analog delay pedal produced by Boss. The circuitry is similar to the DM-2’s but it isn’t identical. The DM-3 has a built in high speed noise reduction circuit and an additional filter. It’s also got a direct output that can be used to create a stereo effect. The delay time is variable between 20ms and 300ms just as the DM-2 and the control layout is also identical. The knobs on the DM-3 stands out when comparing to other Boss pedals. They only featured on the DM-3 and early versions of the CE-2B.
- Controls: Repeat Rate, Echo, Intensity
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 18 mA (DC 9V, D.Time control at center)
- Weight: 450 g (0.99 lb.)
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm (FET Input)
- Residual Noise Level: -100dBm (IHF-A)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Delay Time: 20ms to 300ms
- Recommended AC Adaptor: ACA Series
- Green – Made In Japan
The DM-3 was sold from May 1984 to May 1988.