BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of electric guitars, amps, and more.
DD-6 Digital Delay
The DD-5 was had a lot of modes and Boss admitted that it was perhaps a bit too complicated. Its replacement has been simplified and 11 modes has been cut to 6. The pedal is however still just as advanced and in some areas it offers more than the DD-5. The DD-6 has stereo inputs making it possible to connect the stereo outputs of a different pedal directly to the pedal. It’s got built-in tap tempo capability and a delay/hold time of up to 5,200ms. There’s a completely new Reverse mode that makes a backwards sounding delay and a warp mode that is just plain crazy.
- Stereo input/output for true stereo delay and panning effects
- Over 5 seconds of delay time (5,200ms)
- Tempo mode permits tap tempo without external footswitch
- First-of-its-kind Warp mode generates radical delay effects instantly
- Reverse mode creates cool backwards effects
- Controls: E.Level, F.Back, D.Time, 6-way Mode Switch
- Connectors: INPUT A (mono), INPUT B, OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B, AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Current Draw: 55 mA
- Weight: 420g / 15 oz (including battery)
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Residual Noise Level: -90dBu (IHF-A, typ)
- Recommended Load Impedance: Over 10kOhm
- Delay Time: 1ms – 5.2s
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The DD-6 was sold from July 2002 to 2008.