Table of Contents
Compresses high-input signals while boosting low-input signals to give you smooth sustain without degrading the quality of the original sound. Onboard EQ delivers precision tone control and a special internal design insures outstanding low-noise performance.
Boss Guitar Effects Guide Book vol.9 (1993):
The CS-3 compresses high input signals while boosting low input signals, giving you smooth sustain without degrading the quality of the original sound. A range of effects from gentle compression to “squeezed” sounds is at your command. Designed for outstanding low-noise performance, the CS-3 also provides EQ for precise sonic control.
Using the CS-3
- For a mellow sound: This setting is ideal for solos in ballads or mellow songs. Add a chorus effect for even more depth. (Fig 1: Level 5, Tone 2, Attack 6, Sustain 6)
- For chord work: This setting balances the volume of each string for smooth chord accompaniment. (Fig 2: Level 5, Tone 6, Attack 2, Sustain 4)
- For thick, rich sounds: Add Chorus and Delay after the Sustain effect. This setting is good when playing sustaining chords. (Fig 3: Level 5, Tone 6, Attack 5, Sustain 8)
- Controls: Level, Tone, Attack, Sustain
- Connectors: Input, Output, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 10 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 400g (15 oz.)
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Black – Made In Japan
- Black – Made In Taiwan
- Silver – Made In Taiwan
The CS-3 was sold from September 1986 to present.