BossArea.com is now part of GuitarLessons.org! All the Boss pedals you love are still here, along with expert reviews of amps, and more.
The Boss CE-5 is the 4th pedal in Boss Chorus Ensemble line. The major difference between the CE-5 and its predecessors is the additon of a level control and a high and low filter control.
It has been in production for longer than any other chorus in the CE series but remained virtually unchanged until it received a major overhaul October 2001.
There are 2 versions of the CE-5 where the second version is denoted CE-5A. This is printed on the PCB so it is easy to figure out which version you have.
The first version is closely related to the CE-2 and CE-3. It uses the 1024 stage Panasonic BBD MN3007 and its associated clock driver 3101. The CE-5A is completely restructured.
It uses surface mounted components and the BBD has been replaced with a digital design. All CE-5s made before October 2001 will have the old analog BBD circuit.
The easiest way to determine which version you have is to use the serial number. If the second letter/first number combination is earlier than P1, you have the analog type.
This also mean that all digital CE-5s will have a dark gray label.
- Controls: E. Level, Rate, Depth, Filter
- Connectors: Input, Outputs (A/MONO, B), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 22 mA (DC 9V)
- Weight: 410 g (15 oz.)
- Input Impedance: 1MOhm
- Output Impedance: 1kOhm
- Residual Noise Level: -93dBu or less (IHF-A, typ)
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10kOhm or greater
- Recommended AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Blue – Made In Taiwan
- Pink – Made In Taiwan
- Dark Gray – Made In Taiwan
The CE-5 was sold from November 1991 to present. Get yours at Amazon.
- Stereo Chus Ensemble Pedal f Guitar
- Mono input and Stereo outputs for connection to dual amps or for studio use
- Offers Effect Level, Rate, Depth and Filter knobs for complete control
Last update on 2024-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API